Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Losing Internet/Client Access Connectiions (SSL?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug46

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2003
US
I have several Client Access SSL Connections via different internet providers, i.e. Comcast Cable, DSL and a state internet WAN. For no reason that I or IBM can discover, I lose sessions/connections. My AS/400 does not know the display/printer sessions are lost. May even be able to connect back with a different session. Dropped sessions have to be ended then varied off, then back varied on. There is nothing in the joblogs or any indication at the AS400 that a problem exists.

I am connecting with XP, Windows 2000 and Windows NT. All experience same problem. This is sporadic but frequent. Sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes several hours and occassionally several days without a drop. The only consitency is that the connections will fail. Has anyone out there experienced similar problems>

To beat a dead horse..
Check you have the correct MTU on the routers, and machines on all endpoints (both ends of the remote sessions). All devices involved in remote access need to be on BBUs; voltage variations which are unoticeable, and which do not affect workstations and server, do affect modems and routers. After MTU adjustments, do a pathping through the tunnels to machines on the opposite end to check for packet losses, few if any packets should be lost, again from both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back