Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Losing drive mapping on HP 3000s for 1 program/database

Status
Not open for further replies.

renne2005

Technical User
Jan 22, 2005
US
I just configured and connected to the network 2 HP 3000 machines. After I connected the 2nd one, I am having difficulty logging in to a particular mapped drive on both machines. Until I connected the 2nd one, I had no trouble with the 1st one. I have other drives mapped on both machines and they work fine; it's just this one. The file server is a HP ML370G2 and it's running fine. When I open the program on the workstations I get a file paths not found, but when I look at the screen with the file paths the info is correct. I can "refresh" the locations by browsing to the target and clicking it. After that, I can log in normally. I haven't a clue. BTW, we are running XP SP3 on the workstations and WIN 2000 SP4 on the server.

I believe the same mapped drive is working OK on the old machines - but that may not be true. I'm at home now and I can't ask about it until tomorrow, but nobody complained either yesterday or today and they would have for sure so there is probably no problem there.

Thanks for any ideas.

Renne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back