Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Losing Default Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelchiorKD

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2001
US
I am having an internet problem. I have two Cat 5500's with RSM's. They have a default route of 0.0.0.0 pointing to my PIX interface in order to send all traffic destined to the internet. Lately I have been experienceing internet disruption, the route to the internet will bounce up and down. It could be for a few minutes or it could be for a couple of hours. When I did a trace from one of the RSM's to the internet router, it just bounced back and forth between the two RSM's. I also noticed that the gateway of last resort changed from the PIX interface to a virtual interface on the opposite RSM. This would occur for a while and then it would go back to normal without changing anything. Anybody have any thoughts on why this is occuring, cause I am stumped.

Are you running an IGRP between the switches? From what little info there is, it appears that you are and there is some problem with it. Post the relevant pieces of the configurations and someone should be able to help isolate the problem. Todd Hethmon
thethmon@hethmon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back