Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Losing Data in Table over weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougP

MIS
Dec 13, 1999
US
this is on MS SQL Server7
Every Monday when I come in, our parts lookup table for our WEB site is empty. I created a DTS and a Stored Procedure to add the records back in the table. Which works great and only takes a minute or two. I created these later trying to make it automatic. The database is on our ISP if that makes a difference.
In and effort to update the data once a week I created a Replication thingy in our Database here at work several months ago. I did;nt know what I was doing when I created the Replication. Nor do I know what to look for or how to stop it.
I suspect that this Replication is somehow bombing out before it can complete. Nothing shows in Eventviewer and Nothing seems to show in SQL Error Log.
I want to stop the replication from occuring. And make the DTS and the Stored Procedure happen automatically.

Any Help appreciated.

[sig]<p>DougP, MCP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.[/sig]

I think you need to post this to the MS SQL server forum. [sig]<p>Ged Jones<br><a href=mailto:gedejones@hotmail.com>gedejones@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Top man[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back