Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOP.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyfoxvt

MIS
Nov 13, 2002
US
I am looking for information to remove a very pesky LOP.COM from my internet explorer toolbar. HELP!

interesting - I could not get NAV 2003 to even find the lop.com problem. Had to use several spyware programs to find the files and each found different ones. Every time I ran another, that new program caught more .lop files.

Any idea why NAV never caught any of these despite their contention that it does clean the system ?

NAV is good at finding viruses. The LOP.com issue is not a virus, at least in the context of NAV feeling responsible for IE hijacks.

You should consider regularly using AdAware and SpyBot 1.2 in addition to the realtime antivirus protection that NAV offers.

Right on.
It's only been fairly recently that Norton, et al. even dedicated space on their sites to ad/mal wares such as lop. SpyBot and AdAware have been adjusting to lop's constantly evolving/mutating forms since the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back