Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loosing the connection specific dns suffix

Status
Not open for further replies.

klos81

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2003
US
Please Help me!!!

I have a win 200 Server with A.D. and DHCP set up also DNS, the server has 2 nic's one connected to a router of a semmi T1 internet connection. and the other connected to my LAN
when a client pc logs-in it gets an IP and A gateway but they don;t get the connection specific dns suffix, so i go and do the ipconfig/release and then ipconfig/renew it works fine but after you open the web browser and start going to web pages it looses the dns suffix and that stops them from getting on the internet.
on the scope i have for the lan nic the following static ip 192.168.0.1 as primary and then 66.3.x.x as secondary ip for the 2nd nic. Please i need help !

wow, 200 AD microsoft is an older company than I thought. ;)

Anyway, so is the dhcp server configured correctly to give out the suffix? You don't really indicate if the suffix is verified to be present after the release/renew. Have you look at the dhcp server log?

--
Andy

hey yeah neither did i.....:)

about if the suffix is there after ip/renew, yea it's there but like after 5minutes it goes away.

P.S: This configuration worked for about a week then it started doing this just on friday.

and no i haven't checked the log.

Klos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back