Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loosing Patches and Keycodes on a Level 1 reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

serenityclub

Technical User
Mar 27, 2014
US
Just trying to get clarification on this. I have read several posts and the BCM reset guide. If I have lost the admin and password and i perform a Level 1 reset will I loose just the system programing and default back to the factory settings or will I also loose all patches and keycodes i.e. an expansion and UM keycodes?

Here is what I am referring to from the troubleshooting Guide:

Reset levels
Reset to factory settings is a stand-alone feature that has the following levels of reset:
• Level 1 reset erases all customer-specific data and restores the default configuration for all
components. This reset leaves the software components untouched. That is, the system has the
latest release and patch level of the software installed. Only the system and user configuration
data is erased and replaced with default values. No Ethernet connectivity to the system occurs
during this operation.
• Level 2 reset erases all customer and system configuration data and all software releases and
patches. This reset re-installs the original factory configuration settings. Level 2 reset also
resets the router firmware to what was shipped from the factory. No Ethernet connectivity to
the system occurs during this operation.
[highlight #4E9A06][/highlight]

Level 1 - lose configuration, keycodes
Level 2 - lose configuration, keycodes, patches, software upgrades

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back