Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loosing Expansion cabinet on BCM450 R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

sroggero

Technical User
Sep 2, 2007
CA
Avaya BCM450 R6

Problem - An expansion cabinet is installed since a year and it keeps rebooting twice a day? we did replace the whole cabinet, MBM modules, power and cat5e cable? but we cannot figure out how to fix the problem.

Please help, on the expansion cabinet we have 3x DSM32 1x PRI 1x G4x16 and 1x GASM installed and when it occurs, the main cabinet still works great but all phones on the expansion gets rebooted.

Have you checked the power source ?

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

Have you looked at the alarms on the 450 to see if they relate to the expansion cabinet failing?. I guess that the expansion cabinet has been failing ever since it was installed?. It would be nice if it was possible to add it to another BCM 450 system to see if it happens there?.

What modules do you have on the main cabinet?.
Do all the modules have the correct dip switches set?.
Are you able to swap over any modules in case there is a compatibility problem?. I don't recall seeing many BCM's with PRI card modules in the expansion cabinet.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I saw that you stated that you replaced the Cat5e cable, if you mean the cable between the main and expansion - it is a specific able - not just a Cat5e. It causes a lot of problems if it is not the right one. Just checking.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

The cable between the Expansion Cabinet and the BCM 1000/400/450/200 is indeed a standard straight thru Ethernet cable,
BUT it MUST be 5 Meters in length. That is 16 feet 4.85 inches to us yanks.

I have heard many a horror story from folks whose IT guy came in and decided to "clean-up" the BCM installation by replacing this cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back