Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loosing ability to use Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken101

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2003
US
We have just started to experience a problem connecting remotely. For quite some time remote desktop has worked without a flaw for all my users. Now we are all having the same problem: It seems that the PC's just loose connectivity to the network. When I can't connect, I log into a server and find that my work PC is no longer on the network. It is on a UPS and the machine is not going down for any reason, it is just dropping the network connection. In the morning relogging on to the computer reestablishes the connection. The only changes made to these PC's are the applications of the Windows updates as they are released, and upgrading them to Office 2003 Professional Edition. No other changes have been made to these computers or my servers (all running Windows 2000 server; also being updated as the updates are released). Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back