Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loosing a connection on a Windows 98 client (NEWBIE 2 SAMBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsdr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2006
GB

Please bear with me on this one! I picked up SAMBA for the first time this week!

I'm running SAMBA on a linux box and for most of the time no problems at all. The only real problem I seem to keep on encounterring is that the one and only Windows 98 client I have connected seems to keep loosing its connection. I've tried restarting the SMB and NMB services, but upon restarting the Win98 client I'm still not able to connect to the file share hosted on the SAMBA server. The only solution I currently have is to restart the Linux host thus refreshing all of the services. This is rapidly becomming a real pain, I can't keep kicking users off!

Can anybody 'shed' any light on what maybe wrong. Please be aware that my SAMBA knowledge is next to zero!!

Thanking you in advance

P.S For as much as I would love to, I can't swap the current Win98 client for another/better OS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back