Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looping through records on continuous form

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjake13

Programmer
Aug 26, 2001
US
I have tried searching the forums, but either can't find what I need or I just don't understand the responses, so I'm asking for help. I just can't seem to get the right coding and I'm not real familiar with the whole recordset references I saw before.

I have a continuous form based on a query used for removing items from inventory. There is a check box (OutofInventory) to indicate if the item has been removed from inventory. I can then run a report from this form based on the items that were checked. After the report is run, I want to run code on my Exit button to set another check box (DestReport) to true for each of the items where OutofInventory is also true. There can be a few or many records on the continuous form.

Any suggestions as to what would work best?

do you want a report for only the items that you checked now ?
or all of the items that were checked?

I will try my best to help others so will others do!!!!!
IGPCS
Brooklyn, NY

No, the report is not the issue. I don't know how to code the exit button to set (loop) all of the DestReport check boxes to true if the OutofInventory check box is true for all the records currently displayed by the query.
This is done to prevent these items from showing up on future reports.

just on close run a update query to update the value of the desreport to true '(or yes or -1 or 1 (depends on the type of field)) where outofinventory = yes '(or the same as above)

hope you got this

I will try my best to help others so will others do!!!!!
IGPCS
Brooklyn, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back