Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looping only some layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

benkmann

ISP
Jun 2, 2006
US
hey all,

Right now I have a problem with layers. I have two layers, and both contain animation of some sort. I want layer 1 to play once and stop, and layer 2 to loop indefintely.

Now, I've searched for an hour on google, and many places said "use stop()", which I did, which stopped the WHOLE movie, not just the layers. I tried making the shapes into movies, and then adding code to that timereel to stop it, but that doesn't work.

Can someone please explain, step by step, how I can create a simple flash that demonstrates one layer looping and one layer playing once? Thanks in advance!

Set both your animations in seperate movie clips rather than setting them on the main timeline.
On the ending frame of the movie clip you only want to play once, add a stop(); action.
Once that is done, remove all the frames on the main timeline on both layers, and from the Library, drag each of your 2 movie clips on it's own layer on 1 single frame only.
Test your movie.
The movie clip that has a stop action should only play once, but the other should loop continuously...

If you can't still get it going, mail me your .fla (you'll find an address if you hit my handle above this post...), and I'll set it up for you.

Regards. Web Hosting - Web Design
01/07/07 -> OLDNEWBIE VS JOSHUA MUSSLEWHITE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back