Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looping logon on web reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracey

Programmer
Oct 16, 2000
NZ
I have been trying to solve my looping logon problem for two weeks now, and none of seagate's or any other forums suggestions have helped. From varifying databases to tweaking registry settings, i seem to have tried them all.

Does anyone have any fresh suggestions? Im ready to try anything at this stage.....

Win2000 professional, Apache and Interbase 6.

Yes, im using a system odbc dsn, on a FAT system (no ntfs rights problems), using an admistrative account, have wcscgi.exe in dir, etc etc etc

someone please help me

I see this all the time...

Are you using WCS or ASP to surve up the page?

In ether case "your web process" is not passing off the correct login information via CR to the DB.

If you show my the code, I can fix. Steven Fowler, Principal
steve.fowler@fowlerconsulting.com
- Development, Training, and Consulting
wpe1.gif

using wcscgi.exe to serve viewer, cgi application written in delphi..

am fairly new to this game, and am unsure what code u want to see... here is the line in delphi where i call the report:
response.SendRedirect(HostAddr + '/cgi-bin/wcscgi.exe/reports/uuman.rpt?company=' + IntToStr(iID));

thx, :)

I have spent the last 3 weeks at that site.. thanks anyway...

Hi Steven,

Am in a similar boat to Tracey, except I am trying to access a MS Access 97 database residing on separate machine. I can run the report locally on the web server machine (Windows NT - NTFS), but keep getting looping logon when trying to call it over the web. I can sucdessfully call other reports that access a sybase database on a different server.

Have gone through all of seagates knowledgebase articles and done all the tweaking. Am using system dsn. Haven't heard about the wcscgi.exe file?

Any hints would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Brenda

I'm getting a loopin login attempting to access a MSSQL DATABASE ON A DIFFERENT SERVER. I'm running IIS 5.0 along w/ Cold Fusion. I also notice that the name of the server is not correct on the login screen. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back