Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looping for extenal device calling 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmmillermd

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
US
KX-TD1232 and TVS200 relocated and now a problem. The one mailbox set to call a phone number with the messages (physician) now lights line 5 for ten secs, then line 4 for ten secs and goes back and forth but never makes the call. There is no change in the settings. I added a pause after the 9 (9P5551212) and at the end, even 'T' at the beginning, deleted and replaced the mailbox and it still does this loop until I power off. CWC3 had good thoughts as I checked 605 and 606 and all the CO's are enabled for the two jacks attached to VM (105 and 116) and remote notification is enabled in the COS. Any thoughts?? Thanks

also make sure there is no toll restriction on voicemail exts if the cell is a long distance number and the vm
ports are in a restricted class of service ?? I'm curios
to what you here on the first attempt with a buttset
on the linedoes it dial at all or just go off hook ck it out

All lines work nromally with the buttset, and the lines work normally for a direct call from any of the phones. The problem occurs when VM tries to call out. The number is local..that is why it is 95551212 (with the local number of course where the 5551212 is). It loops forever from line 5 to 4 and back for ten secs each. I thought it might have something to do with the hunt group set up by the phone comoany, but i hooked up a CO to the primeline line 5 and it still went back and forth with line 4 ten secs each.

Frustrated. Thanks for the help.

I meant a CO that was not in the hunt group.

i have both 100 & 200 that out dial but they are 200 miles
cant dial in to look at setup what software rev is the 200 what revs are the 204's in it and this is dpits what rev ksu is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back