Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOOP 4 CANNOT TALK TO LOOP 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

The02KID

Vendor
Jul 15, 2010
US
I HAVE TWO OF THE NTAK11 OPT 11 CABINETS THAT ARE RUNNING RLS 5.0 SOFTWARE. THE MGC CARDS ARE REGISTARED AND I CAN MAKE CALLS. I CANOT TALK TO THE EXPANSION CABINET.MY CABLES ARE AS FOLLOW. A TLAN AND ELAN CONNECTION FROM 1E AND 2T FROM THE MGC CARD TO THE CISCO SWITCH FROM CABINET 0. 1E AND 2T FROM CABINET 1 MGC CARD TO THE CISCO SWITCH. A ELAN CONNECTION FROM THE ELAN OF THE CPPM CS CARD AND A ELAN AND TLAN CONNECTION FROM THE CPPM SS CARD. DID i MISS ANYTHING.

other then the fiber between the two cabs?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

When you say the MGC's are registered an I can make calls, what do you mean. What TDM assets (PRI,FALC,DLC,etc) are in the two cabinets, can you can from an IP phone to each of these Cabinets (Call an analogue set) and establish a 2 way speech path? When you say cannot talk to the expansion cabinet, do you mean you cannot talk between the 2 cabinets if so establish which one is the problem by doing the previous test with the IP set to TDM (FALC, DLC or PRI).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back