Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loooooong Page Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

fueonue

Technical User
Mar 18, 2009
US
Our home page:
Sometimes, seems like it the first thing in the morning; the fist time I come into it after not being on it for some time, takes FOREVER to load...we're talking 30-40 seconds. Same thing happens in preview mode when I'm editing in frontpage.

The whole time its loading i can hear the hard drive going crazy.

Can you look at the source code and offer any insight as to why it may be loading forever?

Well, it seems fine at the moment. The only thing I can guess at after looking is that you've got a plugin to the website not really loading correctly. For isntance, if you're using an analytics program, that could do it... particularly if you're using more than one analytic program. Just like with Windows computers, if you load up too much stuff at the start of a webpage. Or it could be that whatever analytics program is running is freezing up on its servers.... or anything that runs when your first page is loaded, really...

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back