Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lookup windows Only showing part of a list

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil3000

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2009
GB
We currently use Goldmine Ver 6.00.30403 Apirl 2003 and we are having a problem where lookup windows only show part of there list

For example if we open a company record, click on town\city and click lookup window the list will only go down to H. This happens with a few other lookup windows. We do have lookup windows that work fully and we have users where everything works. This only affects a few users

Any help would be most gratful and if any more information is required just let me know

Phil

Cheers DJ Hunt

Thats sounds spot on. Are you able to change the amount they display, mainly because we have some users that are able view all in a lookup window and some that only display a few.

Phil

From The Hacker's Guide to GoldMine series of books:

?? Display Limitation - F2 Lookup list display override
In the default configuration of the F2 Lookup list, the list is limited to displaying 1000 items. I had one client that wanted to show some 1250 items in their list ( read all about the F2 Lookup list in a later chapter ). The UserID.ini came to the rescue with the use of this statement:

[GoldMine]
MSSQLMaxBrowseRecs=2000

As simple as that, the problem was solved. Again, however, I had to insert this statement into each and every UserID.ini on their network. This is yet another case for the use of the Corporate Override that I will discuss later as part of the GM.ini. What a hassle, as there is no GUI within GoldMine to assist the GoldMine Administrator with this task. All of these edits must be done using a utility application like Microsofts NotePad.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- The Hacker's Guide to GoldMine Premium
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back