Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lookup On Two Fields at One Time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

be35g

Programmer
Dec 5, 2000
US
I need to create a three column payroll report - first column employee no, second column earnings (repeating) and third column deductions (repeating). Since I have variable numbers of earnings and deductions I don't know how to set up the joins between the employee master file and the earnings and deductions files. I end up with multiple duplicated earnings and deductions. The Linking Expert has an option for "Look up on both at the same time" but this only works for PC files. I've seen an inference to try different join types for SQL data bases. Anyone have an idea what those joins look like? It looks so easy for the PC files but I can't see any of the join types that seem appropriate.

You can't do this directly in SQL.

You will have to do a subreport for one of them. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Let me rephrase this. You could potentially do a UNION query in the database that accomplishes the same thing as the PC file feature you mentioned. You can't do this through the report designer. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Ken,

Thanks for the help. It worked as a subreport - just need to do some cleaning up.

be35g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back