Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lookup not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

cognos11

MIS
Nov 19, 2003
US
my lookup is not returning any values.I checked the lookup sql override in toad , and it worked fine.also validated the sql and it returend no errors.checked for db connections
and locating information as well

My lookup is a string whereas the input port is a decimal.i coverted the decimal to string in lookup.
it didnt give me any data type mismatch.

Is that ok or do in need to call an exp before lkp and covert the decimal to to_char.

Any reason you can think of why the lookup is not returning any values.

Hi,
I think you need to put a to_char function in exp. transformation before the lookup.And also check the precesions for the ports.
Ani.

Another thing to consider is whether the data type in the underlying table is CHAR or VARCHAR/VARCHAR2. If it is of type CHAR, it will be padded with spaces to its full length. Informatica is quite precise in its matching, so it will not return any rows if it compares a string with no trailing spaces to one which does have trailing spaces.

I've had this problem a number of times working with DB2 CHAR fields. The same would probably go for ORACLE CHAR fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back