Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lookup.ini and duplicate fields like "Ref" "OnDate"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpreziosi

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2008
US
I need to pupulate a user-definited field (UASK) with the contents of Cal.Ref whenever a new appt is entered by a specific user. I am trying to use lookup.ini to do this. In the AutoUpdate I have something like this:
Cal->OnDate = UASK

but it's not working. I'm not sure why. Is it possible to identify a field in this way in the lookup.ini? There is more than one OnDate field so I can't just use OnDate.
Also, for the result I have:
[UASK]
Otherwise = iif((Cal->UserID)="ask", Cal->Ref, "")
I'm trying to say if the user is "ask", put the contents of Ref into the UASK field. Am I going about this completely the wrong way? I get no result at all but all my other iif statements work fine.

Unfortunately you cant use the AutoPopulate section to trigger on a Cal entry, you can only use this to trigger on a new contact1 record or an an update to any contact1 or contact2 field.

You can use the OnNewRun to trigger an exe file to populate the Contact2 field when a new cal record is created but you would need to get a GoldMine solutions partner to write the exe for you.

Hope this helps.

Andrea Ingham
Prior Analytics Ltd (UK)

Thank you Andrea! I appreciate the information. We just recently contracted with a GM solutions provider so I will talk to them.

Oops "populate" not "pupulate" - proofreading not so good that day I guess :)

It may be possible to update the uAsk field via the Lookup.ini. If you place a special character as the first character in the Ref: field like an asterics ( * ) then eventually this will make it into the Next Step feel on the Summary screen. When it does, and with the marker as a flag, you may be able to utilize the Lookup.ini to populate your field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back