Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking up table values in a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaine011

IS-IT--Management
Jul 4, 2003
CA
I have a table which is linked to 4 smaller tables.

The main table is an invoice table, and it contains 4 sections, salesperson, authorizing person, ticket types, and customer, which I've set the name fields to not allow duplicates.

I want to create form that allows me to create new invoices in the invoice tables, but looks up the salpeople, etc in the smaller related tables. I created a form, which looks up the values of salesperson, etc.. in the smaller tables, and puts in the ref number in the main invoice table when I create an invoice entry. However, it also duplicates the values of the selected salesperson, authorizing person, ticket type and customer selected in a particular invoice, in the small tables.

For example, in the authorizing table, I have a particular person, john doe, as and entry, and only once.

If I create an invoice, and select him as the person who authorized the invoice, it will duplicate his name in the authorizing table, which is only supposed to be for reference, and not updating. How do I stop this? I can send the database if necessary to explain this a little better.

If you would like me to look at the mdb, zip a smal version to

rollie@bwsys.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back