Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking to track employees and projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby8685

Technical User
Mar 5, 2006
US
Hi,

We are just starting business that will provide graphic design and music recording services. I am looking for something that will help us do two things:

1: Keep track of employee work hours. A sign in sheet, if you will.

2: Keep track of projects. For example, a client looking to record a song between the times of 2pm and 4pm. We would like to be able to have that time in our records.

Thanks and please let me know if I posted the wrong forum, Wasn't really sure.

It seems that a simple Calendar solution would be in order. Microsoft Outlook's Calendar might be enough. Or something similar.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

I agree with John, it seems that a simple calendar will do the job, however, if you want to take it up a notch, I'd suggest you use an online Project Management tool, this will enhance collaboration between you and your employees/your clients.

Employees will fill in forms online, you will be able to track the exact number of hours they've worked on, and, when it's payday, you won't have to do some manual/tedious calculation just to see how many hours each employee worked for. Tracking anything through paperwork/Excel sheets can become very messy (IMO).

It will also enhance the communication between you and the client.

Check this article about the ideal project management tool:

Thanks, John and Prg. Since we are using Vista, we have a calendar program that looks really good. Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back