Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking to replace Lucent partners system with Mitel 3000?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

wired18235

Vendor
Sep 7, 2011
US
Doing some research on replacing a Lucent partners phone system. I have been looking at mitel 3000, I need 17 handsets, 1 operator station, a door intercom with a door release. Is this my best solution as far as using existing wiring or should I be looking else where?

I am agree. Just alcatel-lucent
OXE OR CRYSTAL SYSTEM

AlCATEL-LUCENT is my love.
Swinstation

Thanks Guys, will the existing wiring need replacement to go to OXE or Crystal from Lucent Partners? Just curious as to why not Mitel 3000 the customer is a very basic user nothing super crazy going on here just using 4 land lines No-VOIP.

Existing wiring will work generally.

Where are you located?

alwayslearning

Go for a 3000! I've installed hundreds of them in the UK over the past 6 years (under a different system name, but still a 3000) They are very flexible and the gui for config is very easy and well laid out. Out of the box you have a good basic auto attendant, many ringing options and if you go for the voicemail module it works very well. Also you can easily upgrade to Voip with a broadband module, giving you sip trunks and ip phones which are very easy to set up. A very popular feature we sell in the UK is remote ip phones (teleworker) all you need is 1 static wan address and some basic config and you can have up to 12 remote IP phones. Plus you can have BRI,SIP, PRI or LS trunks. The system phones are very well laid out, you can have a DSS add on module for an operator.. And finally the door intercom and door strike interface work really well. They never go wrong and if they do you can be up and running in 30 mins if you have a config backup (which is very easy to do). Any questions on the 3000, give me a shout!

Also forgot to say, for the wiring you'll need two pairs for each phone as it is a hybrid system, 1 pair for the analogue speech and 1 for the systemphone data.

Thanks for a useable answer "why? What would compel u to do this" is less than worthless. Nice way to increase post counts.

Wired18235: On the contrary, I think that post was the best so far. In order for someone to give an opinion as to whether or not a system is the best choice, you need to know the reason why you're changing in the first place.

Otherwise, that's like asking someone if trading in your coupe for a minivan is a good idea without telling them that you adopted 5 kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back