Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking to create something new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2008
US
Hi

I'm looking to create something small. It's a basic IE window or some type of popup window that has links to internal sites.

How easy would this be to create and what program or language should I be looking at to create this?

I've never actually created anything but I can read and understand scripting in a couple different languages, mostly unix. I'm just looking for a kick in the right direction.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you want it to be in IE I guess you would use Java not vb6

vb6 is useful for making .exe applications - even a sort of IE browser if you are game enough.

>a sort of IE browser

You can mnake edxactly a IE browser window.

Look up activeX and Internet Controls.

If you just need a page with links then HTML is where you should start, or if you're happy with something 'quick n dirty' then use MS word and save as web page (htm).

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!

>HTML is where you should start

fair point. I was rather assuming that the existence of a basic web page with the relevant links (or the ability to create such a page) was a given, but on re-reading the OP can see that may have been a poor assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back