Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking to create an appointment calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottd431

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2002
US
I am looking to creat an appointment calendar where the user can book appointments online and can choose from multiple representative. So each rep will have its own calendar. The appointments are full day appointments except in some cases the appointment will be half day in which will allow for two appts for that day. I would like a calendar to open under the rep site and the user can choose the month that will open that months calendar and then they can see aval date and the booked dates are not allowed to be chosen. When they click on the block with the date they want then it will open their forum to book their appointment. I understand the logic and I am somewhat inexperieced with CF and know pretty much on the database side. What is the best way for me to create this web based application and maybe one already exist to incorporate in the site. any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have something similar where the appointments are shorter but can't be made is there is already an appointment. I create the calendar from the database where the appointments are shown or a link to make a new appointment. When the user clicks on the link the link passes the day/time for the start of the appointment. If you have multiple users making appointments at the same time you need to create a locking system.
Hope this gives you some ideas
Erwin

Erwin Oosterhoorn
Analyst Programmer,
ice hockey player/fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back