Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking to create an appointment calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottd431

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2002
US
I am looking to creat an appointment calendar where the user can book appointments online and can choose from multiple representative. So each rep will have its own calendar. The appointments are full day appointments excet in some cases the appointment will be half day in which will allow for two appts for that day. I would like a calendar to open under the rep site and the user can choose the month that will open that months calendar and then they can see aval date and the booked dates are not allowed to be chosen. When they click on the block with the date they want then it will open their forum to book their appointment. I understand the logic and I am somewhat inexperieced with CF and know pretty much on the database side. What is the best way for me to creat this web based application and maybe one already exist to incorporate in the site. any help is appreciated. Thanks

I think there are a couple of existing apps that you should look at. At the very least, they can give you a starting point ontop of which to build your own functionality... if they aren't already exactly what you need.

First place to start is Macromedia's Developer Exchange. Go here: and pull down the pulldown menu (where it says "All Exchanges") and select "ColdFusion Exchange". Then enter a search term, like "appointment", and you should get several results. Check 'em out.

You can also do a google search on something like "coldfusion appointment calendar" and you'll find a couple more (mostly commercial products).

I think you'll be a lot happier (and a lot less frustrated) if you can find something that's already built... since a calendar is something pretty common, you probably stand a good chance of doing so.

-Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back