Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking to automate an export to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaHawk

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
US
We would like create a job that would do that following

Create over a 1000 pdf files from a report. So for one company a pdf file would print. It will take 1 to 4 seconds to generate a report. I would have to name the pdf file based on which company and company id its print for. The stored proc being called would monitor who was printed before by placing the company id in a table.

Is there a canned program that will do this today. OR could I print one giant report to PDF and use a program to parse out the pages -problem - page size will differ per company.

Ken Hamady has a full list of third party products on his web site
That list includes our cViewSERVER and cViewMANAGER report schedulers that have a multirun feature. Rerun a report, change a parameter value and send the output to a destination for that value, then rerun for a new value and destination.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

This is called report "bursting".

Consider a 3rd-party tool as a solution (for a list of such tools, see
My Visual CUT software allows you to do this, including dynamic naming of the exported file names, and tracking of which company was processed (using a logging to an ODBC table functionality) in a single pass (no need to run the same report 1,000 times).

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back