Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for suggestions for a fully loaded tool kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvohath

Technical User
Jun 27, 2005
US
Hi everyone, I am looking for a suggestions on where to buy, what to buy as far as a fully loaded pc repair took kit for self employed tech repair job.

Any help would be appreciated. Links, emails or names of kits.

probably some of the best bets would be

There are different kits out there - just about one for any type of work you will/may do. And you can probably find some perhaps a bit more extensive if you searched around.

Personally I just have a small kit with non-magnetic screwdrivers, I've got a RJ-45/11 connectivity tester, crimpers, 20 foot electrical snake.

That takes care of about 99% of what I may need. But thats for the job I do. It is not uncommon for me to make patch cables or run a little cable or redo patch ends.

Swapping cards out only takes a phillips. But a decent ohms meter would be a good addition too.

And whatever you do - don't forget the anti-static wrist bands.

For that matter i've found the - name escapes me - but you press down on the top and three arms come out (spring loaded) to grab a screw that dropped inside.

OH yeah cable ties - you'll need those.

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

Stuart
A+, Net+

lol forgot to add a small flashlight to that list.

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

Stuart
A+, Net+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back