Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for steps of CATII to end the daylight saving without invalidating the CIL data output

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanhh

Technical User
May 9, 2007
GB
Dear All

At 24/10/2013 midnight (24:00:00), manual CATII is our option to be performed to end the daylight saving to become 24/10/2013 (23:00:00).

Our PABX have CIL output operational.

Please discuss the correct steps.

In my opinion, i'm sure the following way (steps A) will not mess up the CIL's call's start-time and end-time stamping at all.

But please check if the steps B (without CLOHE) is enough?

In my intuition, CLTGE will stop the CIL output from getting out to the NIU TCPIP port only, but the CIL raw data is still being continuously captured in the buffer and will be dumped to NIU TCPIP port once the CLTGI is initiated, please correct me if i am wrong.
Thus we must end the CIL with both CLTGE and CLOHE before performing the CATII, again, correct me if i am wrong.

A:
CLTGE;
CLOHE;
/*At exactly 24/10/2013 23:59:59), perform the following to end the daylight saving*/
CATII:DATE=2013-10-24,TIME=23-00;
CLOHI:XXXXXXXXXX;
CLODI:XXXXXXXXXX;
CLTGI;

B: is the following steps enough?
CLTGE;
/*At exactly 24/10/2013 23:59:59), perform the following to end the daylight saving*/
CLOHI:XXXXXXXXXX;
CLODI:XXXXXXXXXX;

Thanks for the discussion in advance.

Cheers

Sorry, mistake in steps B, see the following correction:

Steps B (corrected)
B: is the following steps enough?
CLTGE;
CLTGI;

Best regards

I would choose A, since no SMDR output will be available - and it therefore block the SMDR output or confuse it.
Choosing A, (and also B) will give you SMDR record with the same timestamp for the one hour in question.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back