Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for someone good with Apache and Mod_perl

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulReed

Technical User
Jun 15, 2008
US
I have an application that I recently installed on a CentOS 3.9 Linux server. The installation of the application went well, along with Apache, the Apache sister application Blackened that came with the app, MySQL, and the CPAN Perl Modules.

But the following error is still occurring intermittently in my browser. Also this error is produced when I hit my reload button, then if I hit it again the problem will go away. The only way to get rid of it for a time is to reboot the server... but the problem comes back without doing anything in the browser and it gets progressively worse.

I have read that rebuilding DBI and DBD is needed, but I thought that's what I just did by installing them via CPAN when I installed all the Modules?

Thanks, and I'm very new at this... and I'd really appreciate the help.

This is the ongoing error...

Error: panic: DBI active kids (6) > kids (2) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/DBD/mysql.pm line 142.

Trace:
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/DBD/mysql.pm line 142
DBD::mysql::dr::connect('DBI::dr=HASH(0x9166b0c)', 'mysql_read_default_file=/home/fum/conf/mysql.conf;mysql_read_...', '', '', 'HASH(0x93d21a0)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Apache/DBI.pm line 188
Apache::DBI::connect('undef', 'mysql_read_default_file=/home/fum/conf/mysql.conf;mysql_read_...', '', '', 'HASH(0x93d21a0)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/DBI.pm line 638
DBI::__ANON__('undef', 'undef') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/DBI.pm line 706
DBI::connect('DBI', 'dbi:mysql:mysql_read_default_file=/home/fum/conf/mysql.conf;m...', '', '', 'HASH(0x93d8a44)') called at /home/fum/lib/i/db.pm line 21
i::db::make_db_conn() called at /home/fum/lib/i/db.pm line 58
i::db::connect() called at /home/fum/lib/i/web.pm line 50
i::web::init() called at /home/fum/ line 4
Apache::ROOT::_35xx_2epl::handler('Apache=SCALAR(0x93abb70)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/Apache/Registry.pm line 149
eval {...} called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/Apache/Registry.pm line 149
Apache::Registry::handler('Apache=SCALAR(0x93abb70)') called at /dev/null line 0
eval {...} called at /dev/null line 0

REDIRECT_HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST: mxexpress.net
REDIRECT_REQUEST_URI: /members/login.pl
SCRIPT_NAME: /5xx.pl
REQUEST_METHOD: GET
HTTP_ACCEPT: */*
SCRIPT_FILENAME: /home/fum/REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES: panic: DBI active kids (5) > kids (2) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/DBD/mysql.pm line 142.

REDIRECT_SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache
REMOTE_PORT: 32977
HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Comcast Install 1.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
REDIRECT_HTTP_CONNECTION: close
SERVER_SIGNATURE: <ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.33 Server at blackened Port 81</ADDRESS>

REDIRECT_REQUEST_METHOD: GET
REDIRECT_TZ: 0
REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING:
REDIRECT_HTTP_HOST: blackened:81
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us
REDIRECT_SERVER_SIGNATURE: <ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.33 Server at blackened Port 81</ADDRESS>

REDIRECT_SCRIPT_URI: PATH: /bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI-Perl/1.1
SCRIPT_URL: /members/login.pl
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_SERVER: mxexpress.net
SCRIPT_URI: REDIRECT_SERVER_PORT: 81
REDIRECT_URL: /members/login.pl
REDIRECT_HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate
DBI_AUTOPROXY:
REDIRECT_HTTP_ACCEPT: */*
SERVER_PORT: 81
REDIRECT_STATUS: 500
REDIRECT_SCRIPT_NAME: /members/login.pl
SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST: mxexpress.net
REDIRECT_SERVER_NAME: blackened
REQUEST_URI: /members/login.pl
SERVER_ADDR: 127.0.0.2
REDIRECT_GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI-Perl/1.1
HTTP_HOST: blackened:81
REDIRECT_HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us
REDIRECT_HTTP_UA_CPU: x86
REDIRECT_HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: 68.61.231.153
HTTP_UA_CPU: x86
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache
REDIRECT_REMOTE_ADDR: 127.0.0.2
QUERY_STRING:
REDIRECT_HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Comcast Install 1.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
REDIRECT_DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/fum/www
REDIRECT_PATH: /bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/fum/www
REDIRECT_SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
SERVER_NAME: blackened
SERVER_ADMIN: root@mxexpress.net
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate
HTTP_CONNECTION: close
REDIRECT_REMOTE_PORT: 32977
REDIRECT_SERVER_ADDR: 127.0.0.2
TZ: 0
REDIRECT_SERVER_ADMIN: root@mxexpress.net
REDIRECT_SCRIPT_URL: /members/login.pl
REMOTE_ADDR: 127.0.0.2
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: 68.61.231.153
REDIRECT_HTTP_X_FORWARDED_SERVER: mxexpress.net
REDIRECT_SCRIPT_FILENAME: /home/fum/MOD_PERL: mod_perl/1.29

You may have already googled this thread:

You may want to force the install or update of DBD and DBI in CPAN to assure yourself that these modules are up to date and can pass the build tests. (I've rarely had full success on their builds inside of CPAN and have occassionally built them manually to deal with tests failing).

It did about four pages of googling to reach this point:
Where updating/recompiling DBI helps...

Good luck

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

Thanks for responding D.E.R.,

I read that now, but here are my versions I'm running on the server.

Latest Versions
---------------
Apache 1.3.41
Mod_perl 1.30
DBI 1.607
Apache::DBI 1.07
DBD::mysql 4.008

versions on Server
------------------
Apache 1.3.33
Mod_perl 1.29
DBI 1.607
Apache::DBI /root/.cpan/build/Apache-DBI-1.07/blib/man3/Apache::DBI.3
DBD::mysql /root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-4.007/blib/man3/DBD::mysql.3

I force install DBI, DBD::mysql, and Apache::DBI.

If this doesn't correct it, would you be interested in coming on the server and correcting it... for a fee of course?

Thanks

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes. It usually takes awhile if it's going to error out.

Thanks Thedaver...

After force install on DBI, DBD::mysql, and Apache::DBI, I thought it was corrected, because it went 20 hours without and error, which it never went that long before.

This is what I'm getting and it looks a little different...

Error: panic: DBI active kids (5) > kids (2) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/DBD/mysql.pm line 142.

Trace:
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/DBD/mysql.pm line 142
DBD::mysql::dr::connect('DBI::dr=HASH(0x9eb8b0c)', 'mysql_read_default_file=/home/fum/conf/mysql.conf;mysql_read_...', '', '', 'HASH(0xa0fdeb8)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Apache/DBI.pm line 188
Apache::DBI::connect('undef', 'mysql_read_default_file=/home/fum/conf/mysql.conf;mysql_read_...', '', '', 'HASH(0xa0fdeb8)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/DBI.pm line 638
DBI::__ANON__('undef', 'undef') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/DBI.pm line 706
DBI::connect('DBI', 'dbi:mysql:mysql_read_default_file=/home/fum/conf/mysql.conf;m...', '', '', 'HASH(0xa0fdd2c)') called at /home/fum/lib/i/db.pm line 21
i::db::make_db_conn() called at /home/fum/lib/i/db.pm line 58
i::db::connect() called at /home/fum/lib/i/web.pm line 50
i::web::init() called at /home/fum/ line 4
Apache::ROOT::newmail_2epl::handler('Apache=SCALAR(0xa12a900)') called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/Apache/Registry.pm line 149
eval {...} called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/Apache/Registry.pm line 149
Apache::Registry::handler('Apache=SCALAR(0xa12a900)') called at /dev/null line 0
eval {...} called at /dev/null line 0

SCRIPT_NAME: /newmail.pl
REQUEST_METHOD: POST
HTTP_ACCEPT: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
SCRIPT_FILENAME: /home/fum/REMOTE_PORT: 35057
HTTP_USER_AGENT: curl/7.10.6 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.10.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a ipv6 zlib/1.1.4
SERVER_SIGNATURE: <ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.33 Server at blackened Port 81</ADDRESS>

CONTENT_TYPE: multipart/form-data; boundary=----------------------------fbe67e62d70f
PATH: /bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI-Perl/1.1
SCRIPT_URL: /newmail.pl
SCRIPT_URI: CONTENT_LENGTH: 1806
DBI_AUTOPROXY:
SERVER_PORT: 81
SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
REQUEST_URI: /newmail.pl
SERVER_ADDR: 127.0.0.2
HTTP_HOST: blackened:81
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache
QUERY_STRING: