Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for some sample code to pull & write from/to Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

markdmac

MIS
Dec 20, 2003
US
I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of some sample code that reads from AD and has the ability to update that information.

What I am looking to do is use Request.ServerVariables["AUTH_USER"] to get the domain user that is accessing the page. I want to query AD for the phone number of this user and put that number into an editable text box that can be updated. A submit button shoudl then read the data in the text box and write the information back to AD using credentials either coded into the page or set at the IIS level so the user does not need to have rights.

I've been searching and finding some C# examples, but I am strictly a VB guy. It has been a few years since I did anything like this and back then I was just using classic ASP. My requirements are a bit more complex than I am outlining here but I know once I have this most basic example I can expand on what I am looking for.

Can anyone point me to some sample VB code that would do all of this. The concept of code behind pages still eludes me so I am really hoping to get an example I can study and absorb.

Many thanks.

Mark

Thanks jbenson001. I will repeat my searches again to give that suggestion a try.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back