Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for some opinions and help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kijori

Technical User
Jan 22, 2002
SG
I'm a newbie to Flash and I'm planning to build a site entirely on Flash. It's a typical site that has a navigation bar and when clicked, launches a pop-up window displaying the content. My questions:

1. Is it more efficient to create just one swf file (with everything in it) or multiple files?
2. How to create a pop-up window?

Thank you for your time.

well if your concerned about file size, then use multiple .swfs and load them in if neccisary. this also saves on bandwidth as only the files needed are loaded.

Regards,

Martin

Gaming Help And Info:

If it's heavy content (Ie. video, graphics, etc.) then split among multiple swf's. Otherwise load time becomes an issue and I absolutely cannot stand Flash sites that have you waiting for up to a minute before you see anything but the progress bar.

Any site I've done that is more than a couple pages deep always gets split into multiple swf's.

As for pop-ups - hate em', can't stand em' and never use 'em so I can't answer that question

I want to display contents from the selected menu options. I don't want to display them directly on stage because I've created a movie clip which is suppose to change image periodically. This image acts as a wallpaper.

I've found out about the getURL function which uses the javascript to open a window. My question is, will the window still open if the browser have a pop-up blocker?

Sorry for the basic questions... still very new to this sort of things.

yes, the window should pop up because pop up blockers are designed to block auto popups, but they work if from a link!

Regards,

Martin

Gaming Help And Info:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back