Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for some information 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avengers4ever

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2009
US
Hello my name is Jason I currently live in Las Vegas. I have been taking some courses in IT security. I am a novice and I would like to get some information on what courses would be the best to further my career in the IT security field. MY reason for asking this is because the US Government is going to start hiring soon for IT proffesionals and I would like to get a head start in the field.

Thank You

Excellent advice, North.
Just added it to my favs & am pulling a few of their whitepapers..
[thumbsup]

[navy]"We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill."[/navy]
- The Bastard Operator From Hell

Take a look at this:

Pretty much tells you the direction that the government is headed. Once you achieve your CISSP, maintain it, you should be good to go.

Personally, I don't agree with CISSP being the "Grand-daddy", as I am more of a technical guy, hands on, in the guts of things, and some of the CISSP's aren't the well-rounded individuals they let on to be. Nonetheless, I have to have the cert....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back