Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for some comments/criticisms/suggestions on a new site

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great!! Your use of Flash4 as a virtual book blew me away. The plain HTML content was nice, though it could be improved. The menu at the left was &quot;cute&quot; the way you made it handle any screen size, however... when I first went into the site, I was at 1024X768, and to tell you the truth, I had no idea what that menu thing! I click on the up arrow and it made half the menu dissappear, I clicked down and it came back... &quot;what the heck?!&quot;, said I. Then I tried your site at 800X600, then 640X480, and I &quot;got it&quot; :)<br>
(BTW it looks awful at 640X480 IMHO) Very good work! <p>John Vogel<br><a href=mailto:johnvogel@homepage.com>johnvogel@homepage.com</a><br><a href= HomePage</a><br>WebMaster - DataBase Administrator - Programmer<br>

the flash on the front page is a slightly different color on my monitor. Are you using websafe colors?<br>
<br>
In Goal #1 of your flash video, you have centered text. It's best not to center your text, especially if you're using a font like you are. I understand that the particular font is used to create a &quot;blackboard&quot; atmosphere, but it's not easily read on the web. To increase readability, use left-justification.<br>
<br>
On flip.htm, you have an open book with one size text on the left and much smaller text on the right. That's not a good idea... best to keep all text the same size. It's MUCH easier on the eyes. And where's the link? I can't find anything. Oh, you have to point at the corner... You should make the text &quot;Flip Page&quot; a link as well, to continue the trend you've already made of having textual links. It's clear that the text has been stretched to meet the size of the page. That's not good for the eyes, and makes the visitor less willing to read through a lot of text. Use a more readable font, as you have a lot of text that you are presenting.<br>
<br>
The HTML version, however, looks wonderful- it makes me wonder why you made a flash version in the first place. I would keep the HTML and lose the flash- it does not help the page, and actually hinders in this case. It does not fit with the feel of the page, they seem like completely different sites with different feels. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href= imotic ::</a><br>

Very good!!! I actually enjoyed this page...Flash4 was good..wich I will be posting something about that later on today...<br><br>spike232

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back