Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for script to dial phone list each hour at 15 min past hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HNXTech

Technical User
Sep 11, 2004
US
I'm a first time user who is looking for a simple dialing script that will dial a list of phone number each hour at 15 minutes past the hour 24 hours a day 7 days a week and capture a text file. I have a simple script now but don't know how to change it for hourly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I did something like this years ago. However, I used one of the Windows scheduler programs. It would start Procomm and when the startup scrip started, I had it call the script I used to connect to the systems. I think the windows default program is "task scheduler" but there are several other scheduler programs that you can download from the internet.

Sorry, I thought I had responded to this earlier but I must not have clicked the submit button. It doesn't look like the scheduler built into Windows has the ability to fire off hourly, but you could use the waituntil command to have Procomm pause until the specified time. You'll need to have your code execute inside of a loop and then build a string with the time (15 minutes after the next hour) that the waituntil command needs to pause the script until.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back