Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for resources to get back into HTML/PHP/CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaidomac

Technical User
Oct 23, 2004
US
Okay, it's been a few years since I've done web design. I want to get back into it. I want to learn HTML, PHP, and CSS. What are the best books, forums, websites, and other resources for learning? I've been out of it so long I don't even know what's good anymore.

The two things I want to focus on are:
1. Browser-independence. The code has to be compatible with both Internet Explorer and Firefox.
2. E-commerce. I want to learn about how to create secure websites, shopping cards, checkout systems, database stuff, etc. This is a whole seperate aspect from HTML/PHP/CSS, however, but if anyone could give me some good links I'd appreciate it.

TIA!

Good resource to start is W3Schools. You have basic training for php, css and (x)html there. For brushing up on your css&html, especially being as standards-compliant and browser independent, try to look at the articles at A List Apart. Always a good reference for standards is the W3 Consortium Website, where they manage website standards. For PHP, I guess reading through manual on PHP website should help a lot, I heard there is also a lot of good stuff on PHP Freaks. If you are in trouble, you can always post on the PHP Forum (for PHP) on this site or here (for HTML&CSS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back