Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for References dealing with Intranet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

downtime

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2002
US
I have set up a Access database. It is setup within our intranet site. Problem is that I cannot enter new information. I can only retrieve information. Any Suggestions on how I can trouble shoot my set up would be appreciated. Our Lan is P2P with a w2k machine hosting.

P2P? Explain.

Access isn't editable via a web site, either intranet or internet. If everyone has network access to the file server hosting the MDB, you can put a link to THAT on the web site and they can jump to the database from there (i.e. using file://).

If you want people to edit data from the intranet site, use ASP or some other server-scripting to put up a web interface for the data you need edited.

Change the DataEntry property of the Page to True. To get the properties for the Page to display is a little unusual. You need to select Window's "Restore Window Button" (in other words, don't maximize the form in design view). Then select the title bar of the form's window. Now you should see the properties for the Page. Again, set the DataEntry property of the Page to True.

Another thing. I don't belive you can edit data on a data access page if you don't have at least one field of the table indexed (i.e. primar key).

Bah, I need to get one of those newer versions of Access and try out the ADP's/DAP's/whatever they're called.

(still using Access 97)

You guys are ahead of me, I'm trying to upload the DAP and database to a web server while retaining the links to enable users of the DAP to make changes to the database.

A not so technical user! New to Access 2000 but I can get it to work on my hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back