Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you certain that this was created with a plug-in as opposed to two pics spliced together?

That said, I believe you may be able to do this with Photoshop's "liquefy filter"

This "Adobe Quick Time" tutorial may help:

Click "Tips and Techniques" button at bottom then scroll down to almost the end of the tips and choose "Liquefy Alert" tutorial.

After using the liquefy filter you can create two half images, one from the original and one after liquefy and splice them together on separate layers.

If you need to load "Adobe Quick Time", a link is offered at the top of the "Tips and Techniques" page.

Good Luck

sam

PS this tutorial was created for Photoshop 7 but should be adaptable for later versions.

Thanks for the explanation, I do believe that if you took a background photo without the truck you could replicate the end result with liquefy filter using any truck and the background pic.

sam

What is the liquify filter doing?

The only pixel movement between the two images is the reflection of another truck in the driver's side door. But that looks like it was because this may actually be two sequential images: the reflected truck may be driving by.

From Russell Brown's page, I suspect the "The Day With No Sky" tutorial has more to do with this image. Notice the light on the pole in the upper left corner that has little detail (washed out) in the 'original' image. This image was more likely based on a RAW capture that was revealed and enhanced through some HDR tricks. You can see noise in the clouds where the image was pushed a bit too far without enough defining data in the original capture.

Hmmm I didn't notice the truck placement in the driver's side door.

Maybe Stumann can reveal a bit more info as to the pics origin.

I was simply thinking a liquify of the ("truck" with a "background pic") on a background layer with some opacity tweaking could produce a similar effect. I played with liquify once or twice long ago.

I need to have a look at "The Day With No Sky" tutorial.

sam

Looks nice!

I'm also looking for a plug-in that can replace the basic selection tools from photoshop (magic wand etc.) with more intelligent one's. Preferably one where I can provide the program with more information on what too select and what not to use.

Here are a few plug-ins that seem to deal with magic wand but I've never tried them.

If you're looking for tips on extraction here is my favorite standby:

With this tutorial you can even isolate individual hairs.

It uses the subject to create masks, very impressive.

Its at click on tips and techniques (bottom of home page) then scroll all the way down to Advanced masking to find a quick time movie tutorial.

Quick time can also be downloaded at Russells home page above.

Russell was the art director (I believe) at Adobe from way back when and has some wonderful tutorial movies.

much luck

sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back