Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for people who know Cisco history

Status
Not open for further replies.

cunctator

Programmer
Aug 13, 1999
US
I've been asked to analyze Cisco from both a business and tech perspective and I'm looking for people who know Cisco inside and out; or just testimonials from dealing with or being in Cisco land. I'm interested in the days when Cisco was cisco.

Those of you responding to this, it may be of interest to the group, if you care to copy us on your reply!

What a refreshing idea ... for computer students to learn computer history ... I am genuinely in favour of this concept.

Would like to know if anyone taking engineering courses actually do study older systems ...

MJBarczak
Washington, DC

There are some great video's on it if you wanted to pick them up from the library. It's pretty interesting. Basically you have a husband and wife working 110 hours a week crawling in sewer to run cable and spending $500,000 a month funding their business by credit card. Then they turn to Venture Capital investors (Mr.Valentine) who funds them and for some reason they used his laywers. Once Cisco started doing great he fired them and his guys took over the company. There is a LOT of information out there on Cisco. The only way to know about cisco vs Cisco is to find some direct information from the beginnings. As far as most people know there was an error at the license office when it was spelled cisco, assumed to be a short of San Francisco. Like lots of start ups in the past 20 years, they started out of their house/garage.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back