Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for new version of Matworx Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazmanian

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2000
US
I hvae Matworx Sutdio 3.61 with sp1 for the NEAX 2000 and NEAX 2400 families and I was wondering where I can download a newer version. It seems that sp1 was is pretty buggy.

Thanks,
Travis

The SPs are pretty big, so I can't E-mail them to you. If you can get to NTAC on-line you can d/l the SPs there. If not, you'll need to contact your vendor.

I can get to the site, but it requires a login and password which I don't have.

I would probably ask my friendly neighborhood NEC tech to download the SPs for me since he/she should have an NEC ID. It doesn't seem unreasonable to ask your vendor for free updates to MWS from NEC. Other than that, I'm not sure how I can help you.

I know this is asking a lot.
You wouldn't happen to have an FTP area that I could download them from, do you?

Matworx studio is going away as of 3200 R6.2 software released a few weeks ago. Look for the recycled Matworx32 being called MatWorx v.6 in the states. It comes free with all new systems and does not require license/option disks anymore. Matworx studio is still required for IVS though. The idea is that matworx ver. 6 works with all IVS2/IPS systems. Personally, I just use Hyperterm to program 2000 systems matworx is too slow...

It's large 50MB+. If you have somewhere to ftp it, maybe I can do that.

Jerry,

MATWorX IPS comes free with any IPS system. It can also be purchased for about $100. It will support IVS2 as well. IVS systems still need to use MATWorX Studio.

Hey Neax,

How you doing? Good to speak with you the other day, been a long time.

Yeah, I know it comes free with a new purchase but the upgrade of new releases are rarely FREE. You usually have to have a "known" bug and get NTAC involved for anything free. My price list shows around $350 for the new version.

Have one question for you though. Have a customer with 2000IVS2 Rel. 2200 or 2300(can't remember), not sure what version of MatWorx off the top of my head,(almost 2 years old) but would probably upgrade if one problem can be resolved.

Ocassionally paging trunks(4 in all, Z1-Z3 and all call run via CO page ports for audio and DK closure for zones) lock up due to poor or mostly non existance disconnect signal.

On the old DOS MAT, client knew trunk numbers, could go to connection display and force release of tied up trunk = happy customer. Now they go to PBX and pull the CO card for 10 seconds and reinsert.

Does the new MatWorx handle this problem or is there a MACH script available for download that can resolve this problem. Do you know why this function been left out of all previous MatWorx versions?

If you know please advise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again and stay in touch.

Jerry Pannell
techs@sclb.com

I finally got a log in and password for NTAC and this took care of the problem. I appreciate all the feedback, thanks.

Jerry,

Make sure Command 3500 is set to an "05" and that Command 3505 is set to "0". (3505 is probably the most significant - do that first). Let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back