Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for Macola Accounting Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead714

Technical User
Dec 9, 2004
US
We are looking for an Accounting consultant to evaluate our Macola set-up and processes. Does anybody have any recommendations in the upper Midwest?

My first suggestion would be to check with your local reseller, next there are at least four or five reseller that monitor this forum. Read the responses and visit their web sites.
If you are looking for an additional resource visit they are x-macola guys located in Ohio.

Last I heard it was COLD in the midwest, I think I'll stay in Tampa.

Good luck in your project.
Tom

Because of the limited experiance of our reseller with Macola ES, we have decided to use an outside consultant. And yes it's about 5 degrees out right now, but it was -28 about 100 miles north of here.

It's about 76 here now but should warm up to 80 for the weekend.

Try the ESTA Group which is a consortium of Business partners. They have multiple ES sites with Leahy Consulting in Cincinnati probably being the strongest. Good luck.

Jonathan Nelson
Business Systems Analyst
Horizon Group, USA

Whiners...

I live in Alaska and don't complain of the warmth, er, I mean cold.

I don't know how you survive those Midwest winters...

There are some other Macoal based Websites located in that area. Have you tried them?

Did you check w/ your Macola sales rep? They are handling most of the ES installs until resellers get up to speed. Are you a new site or an upgrade? Macola should be able to put you in touch with someone that has some product knowledge. With remote access tools, you can do a lot of this over the phone to minimize travel time if you get someone outside your geographic area. Macola has a vested interest in getting solid ES installs, so I should think they will work hard to find you someone.

Well, I've passed along all of the suggestions and information that I've been able to gather, and given a list of 4-5 groups to the GM. I have a feeling that what we are going to do is contact Exact directly and arrange for some support through them. The biggest problem we have is that the software was purchased almost 2 years ago and we went live on the 1st of this year. The time in between was not well spent, but thats water under the bridge, we have the system up and running, the IT staff(1 guy) and myself are running oursevles ragged with staff training and support, as well as learning as we go. So I guess I'd have to say that we're not having much luck, but we still have hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back