Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for list of commonly ordered cable, jacks etc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalbulldog

Vendor
Mar 23, 2004
US
Hello, I was wondering if anybody has developed a list or has seen a list posted somewhere that gives the part number and matching descriptions of the most commonly ordered/used cable (such as 4-pair PVC and Plenum, 25-pair,etc) cable connectors (switch tails, open ended, male ended, etc) jacks (surface mount, flush mount, etc) blocks (66 blocks, brackets, standoffs) d-rings,etc. I had an old list from way back when, one from Graybar and another from North Supply that each was a condensed one-page order form that I had from a past Telcom employer that somehow got lost. The Telcom company I currently work for has an enormous parts list database that I want to get cleaned up and standardize. Thanks.

We have created our own inventory list and the vendors that we purchase them from from old invoices in an Excel document.
Commonly used is all relative.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

I don't know if you will be able (as a vendor) to standardize.

I am able to say what can and can't be installed on our campus. This just gives me some way to make whoever is "low bid”, use the same standards and products we use and not get in junk jacks, cable or patch panels on new construction.

The everyday stuff we handle ourselves and use certain jacks, panels and cable. This helps keep everything uniform regardless of who installed it and less inventory to keep track of.

But you as a vendor for the general public will have to order whatever the customer specifies on bids. So this is going to cover every manufacture of every cable and devices and that’s not going to be a small list.

For the everyday stuff and small installs that you are not required to install brand X jacks, you can go with one particular line and standardize on that.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Thanks anyway. I did some digging thru my garage and found the old files I was looking for.

in nine years experience I have a sort of rating from 1 to 10 for what I've used

Krone - 4 only because I hate the tool
Avaya - 8
Leviton - 2 if you can get it at home depot with a plastic punch tool in package may be easy to use but seams cheaper quality to me

the Vendors most common here are
Anexter
and graybar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back