Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for ideas on how to create an estimating form that would have a header and details under it 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqp

Programmer
Feb 23, 2016
US
I'm trying to create an estimating form that would contain 2 continuous subforms. The goal is to make it look similar to this (created in Word)

estimatescreenshot_vti4ms.jpg

Some bids are simple, just a few details, others are more complex like the attached. Right now I have a main form bound to the Bids table, and 2 subforms, the first subform just contains the "headers" of the project, Like "First Floor-ENTRY /VESTIBULE", then I want the second subform to be the details (line items) of the First Floor-Entry/Vestibule, and so on and so forth. What I haven't been able to do, is get the second subform to link to the selected record in the first subform. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

The method I use is to add an unbound hidden text box [txtHeaderID] in the main form. Use the On Current event of the first header subform to set the txtHeaderID to the value of the primary key of the headers record. Then use the link master/child of the 2nd subform to link txtHeaderID to the similar field in the 2nd form.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Great minds think alike, that's exactly what I did and it works like a charm. Thanks Duane!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back