Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for help with E&M voice port problem on MC3810

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyJC

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2002
US
To the Group,

Originally posted on Cisco newsgroup

Had FXS modules in a MC3810 connected to a Norstar phone switch and used a voice mail system to pass digits to the switch. Replaced FXS with E&M to eliminate voice mail, all worked fine except can no longer send faxes over network. Fax is on ATA connected to extension on phone system. Tested fax line with plain analog phone works fine.

It seems that after the fax connects to any other remote fax via the network and sends initial tones the line goes quiet and then times out and closes the port. Calls placed over Telco work fine. It seems to be a problem with the E&M only. Call drops after timeout due to no activity on line.

Retested with the original FXS config and fax works fine. Does anyone have any feedback on what might be causing this.

Danny

Danny,
thought you might be able to help Me, I'd like to know how to configure a Cisco 3620 for Fax. I have an E1 connection and a Mica Modem Card and would like to be able to send Faxes over this E1 connection via the soft Modems. Is this possible and if so how? Sorry but I dont know much about PBXs so cant help with your problem.
Thanks
Paul ( in Ireland )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back