Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for good tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

alc101ma

Technical User
Apr 16, 2004
US
Hello,

I have just begun a job where it seems that a big portion of the work load will be managing large spread sheets. The last few days have been a laborous process of hand editing Excel files (they didn't hire me to do this 8 hours a day!). Though I have previous programming experience (Java, C++, etc), I have never worked with the VB/VBA/VBS family.

I need to filter for certain colored cells, edit, and then copy them to a new sheet. I have been looking at some code online that will help me with certain aspects of this. I don't have any specific questions yet and I hope my previous programming experience will get me through this. But I would like to find a tutorial for VBA in general and also a tutorial on the editor build into Excel. If anyone has any links that would be great.

Thanks.

Try visiting John Walkenbach's site: J-Walk.com
It's an excellent online resource for excel and
excel vba. It also has some good recommendations
for reading - written by none other than John himself ;)

Hope this helps.

Thank
You
Have
A
Nice
Day

Huge Topic list, with numerous explanations of VBA related stuff

Getting Started with macros

Regards
Ken..............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------