Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for good supplier for NEC phones (Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgiesbrecht

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2005
CA
I am a var and am unhappy with my current supplier. Can anybody suggest any suppliers in Canada they would recommend.

I don't have any recommendations for you but I would call NEC America on +1-214-262-6000, and ask for a Dealer Channel Manager for PBX products. Explain your unhappiness with the manager and they should be able to help. but in the end depending on your volume you may be able to go with NEC direct or they can point you in the correct direction for a Canadian distributor.

Feedback on poor distribution channels to the manufacturer can only help with improving the customer service Dealers receive.

Regards,

Dr VuDu

There is a company in the US that supplies NEC phones to Authorized Resellers and also does ISO9002 Refurbishing and repair of NEC, Nortel, Avaya and Cisco equipment. Optus also supplies refurbished product in all of the product lines. The company is Optus, Inc. 870-974-7700. Mark Duckworth is the President and Ed Martin is Vice President of Sales.

Mex,

If I were a dealer/reseller I probably wouldn't want to buy from another dealer for business reasons (margins, customer base, etc.)

as for the optus idea. not a bad one but I'm not intimate with import/export regulations for a U.S. based company sending to Canada. I do know that export/import tax can be a killer on any small dealer, unless optus has a Canadian branch?

just some ideas to fuel this discussion?

Regards,

Dr VuDu

all,

As initially stated the post was "I am a var and am unhappy with my current supplier."

A var is not an Authorized NEC Dealer. CTVI may have more to add to this.

On the subject of Optus. Canada has its own dealers and VAR's to use. There are rules for moving product across the Border that make this not a valid option either.

Mextera

Sorry Mextera,

I think due to my Aussie upbringing I have always used VAR and Dealer interchangeably. with very little distinction to each, I have used them as homonyms. I guess in the states I will have to watch my language :)

Sorry again for my misunderstanding, being a bit of a drongo at the moment mate.

Regards,

Dr VuDu

no worries, lol its all good here yall!

Mextera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back