Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for good HP-UX 10.4 resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica

MIS
Aug 27, 1999
US
I am a Systems Administrator (WAN, CISCO, and NT background), new to HP-UX, have a bit of Sun experience that goes back a couple of years (no hands on in a while). My company just added an HP-UX machine, and I'm looking for some good resources to bridge what I already know with what I need to know to support this machine. Hint: I'm over my head, and I know it :)<br>
<br>
I went out and purchased Jay Shah's HP-UX System and Administration Guide and Hewlett-Packard's Windows NT and HP-UX System Administrator's How to book by Marty Poniatowski. And I've moved O'Reilly's Unix in a Nutshell off the top shelf, and into the office as "light reading". I'd like to eventually take the HP-UX certification exams. <br>
<br>
Advice? <br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
Erica<br>
<br>

Sounds to me like you have it all in hand &lt;smile&gt;.<br>
<br>
Seriously - I understand your slight trepidation in this but you seem to be taking it seriously enough.<br>
<br>
It's a bit of a pity that the Unix experience you have is Sun - not that Sun's a bad Unix. If you'd come from AiX you'd have been a lot more at home.<br>
<br>
The difference in the various Unixes tend to be at the disk and hardware layer. The HP - or IBM - exams are good ones to take since both systems use Logical Volume Manager to define and configure disks.<br>
<br>
Something you might like to look at is Perl - useful tool.<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Mike<br>
---<br>
Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor