Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for feedback on high level use of Sharepoint in a data capture project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pack10

Programmer
Feb 3, 2010
US
I work for a large company with offices all over the world. One issue we have is not everyone is on the same version of office etc.
Not everyone can access our server location....however we have a Sharepoint site. I have a lot of experience with Infopath, I would like to develop Infopath forms to capture information that these users all over can enter info into....and link the Infopath forms to an access database here so the data would get written to a table here.
At the feasibility level wouldn't that work and isn't that the power of Sharepoint in that it eliminates the issue of software incompatibility etc.
Also, if needed, the users could enter data into spreadsheets posted to the Sharepoint site and I could link to those spreadsheets as Sharepoint Lists (Linked Tables) from the Access database to do analysis and reporting. That should work, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back