Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for event management solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC426913

Programmer
Jul 28, 2003
CA
OK, last week I was looking for opensource s/w We've had a timeline imposed that may preclude developing using an opensource solution. Now I'm looking for something that we can buy and customize to our needs.

I'm not sure what kind of software this is called. It is basically event management, but not events like shows, these are software events. We are a webcasting company, and we schedule many webcasts per day. This means less emphasis on calendarization and more on metadata and interoperation with our other systems (such as reading/writing to other databases, who can then act on that data.)

I'm looking for an application where the first, most important criterion is that it can be customized. We won't be happy with somebody else's idea of what a software event application looks like, and will want to add and drop out data and functions as we see fit. Yes, this will require development.

I'm looking for something that is:
- customizable, surely via back-end development
- able to add/modify/duplicate events
- supports lots of custom metadata
- can interact with our existing databases (it can have a db of its own, but needs to be able to modify and read from others, so it can do its work)
- has flexibility in views - calendars, lists, etc.
- rich in supporting features such as client addressbook
Nice to haves:
- touches like notifications, alerts
- if it were PHP/Mysql-based platform-independent, that would greatly help integration

If you have any suggestions, I would very much like to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back