Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for Employee Information Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubarooni

Technical User
May 13, 2001
US
Hi All,

I am using Great Plains 8.0 and desperately seeking the tables that contain employee info. I have googled it to death with no luck. I am specifically looking for the tables that make up the Employee Maintenance screen in the HR/Payroll module.

I have found a lot of info in the tables that start with upr in SQL Query Analyzer but still seem to lack what I need.

I've tried:
Tools
->Resource Descriptions
->Tables

And get these Series:
Financial, Sales, Purchasing, Inventory, Payroll, Project, System, Company

I don't see a HR in there and don't know where to go now.

All I am wanting to do is write some select statements and display the results in ASP pages on our company intranet. Stuff like Employees and their company phone extension, what location they work at, etc.

I have been able to pull some stuff out like this:

Code:
select ,  t111.extension + '   ' + t100.frstname + ' ' + t100.lastname as Employee_Name as Extension from dbo.upr00100 t100
inner join upr00111 t111 on t100.employid = t111.employid
where t100.inactive = 0 and t100.locatnid = 'Washington'
and t100.deprtmnt = '710'
order by t100.lastname

and I am able to display all the employees and their homephone numbers so it's not been a total bust but, I am not sure this is the right info since the Employee Maintenance screen shows a Phone 1, Phone 2 and a Phone 3 and in the table above (upr00111) where I am pulling the phone number I have a only two phone fields, HomePhone and WorkPhone and an extension field. I did find a table called upr50000 that had the Phone 1 and other employee info in it, but not Phone 2 and Phone 3.

Any help, pointers or general guidance where I can find this info will be greatly apprectiated so thanks in advance!

The tables you are seeking for are in the >Tools
->Resource Descriptions
->Tables
then choose "Payroll" and you will find many tables that start with UPR.
For example UPR00100 master file
UPR00102 address table
UPR00112 certificates table
and so on.
To get specifically the required tables just open the >Cards ->Payroll->Employee then Ctrl+F10 to get the tables that affect this form. (Only if you are modifier registered)

Hope this may help.
Mohammad Salah

Hi,

What you need to do is to install Great Plains SDk 8.0 located in Great Plains Installation Cd,
The SDk will give you all the table for Employeess, Applicants and also tells you the detal for each field in the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back